Riding on The Bus
Riding the Bus
There are a few courtesies to other passengers that we ask you to observe:
- After paying your fare, please move to the rear of the bus.
- Make fronts seats available for elderly or disabled persons or people with small children. Please volunteer your seat to an elderly person or a person with disabilities if the opportunity arises.
- When walking in the bus, hold on to grab rails or seat backs.
- When seated, please do not move until the bus has stopped.
- For your benefit and the benefit of others, Madisonville Transit requests that you refrain from smoking while riding the bus. Not only is this the law, but it also keeps your bus cleaner and you are not infringing upon the rights of nonsmokers.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed on the bus.
- Please do not leave any trash remaining, it is very unattractive.
- Baby strollers, shopping carts, and other items must be kept out of aisles.
Rules of Riding
Passenger’s failure to abide by the following rules will result in trip denial. The passenger:
- Shall not be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
- Shall abide by the signs in the vehicle (no smoking, no food, etc.)
- Is responsible for personal items
- Shall not engage in violent, seriously disruptive, or illegal conduct or they may lose their transportation privileges