Public Works Department
The Madisonville Public Works Department will effectively and efficiently serve the residents, businesses and industries of the City of Madisonville by providing exemplary customer service, which includes Madisonville Public Works Department staff responding to inquiries in a timely manner, consistently displaying a positive, courteous and helpful attitude and being proactive problem solvers by resolving citizens’ concerns in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
Hours of Operation: Weekdays 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Public Works Responsibilities
The Public Works Department provides a variety of services within the city limits of Madisonville, which include:
- Trash collection for both residential & commercial customers
- Bulk Item & Limb/Brush pick up
- Roll-Off Container Rental
- Leaf Collection done annually
- The iRecycle Program
In addition, the Public Works Department
- Maintains drainage in the right of ways & storm sewers
- Repairs sections of streets, sidewalks & parking lots
- Fills pot holes
- Handles all Traffic Control Functions
2018 Holiday Schedule
The City of Madisonville Public Works Department will be closed in observance of the holidays listed below. Please refer to the route changes to see if your trash collection day will be affected.
- New Years Day-Offices Closed Monday 1/1/18- All routes will be on a 1 day delay.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day- Offices Closed Monday 1/15/18- All routes will be on a 1 day delay.
- Memorial Day-Offices Closed Monday 5/28/18- All routes will be on a 1 day delay.
- Independence Day- Offices Closed Wednesday 7/4/18- Wednesday's, Thursday's & Friday's routes will be on a 1 day delay.
- Labor Day- Offices Closed Monday 9/3/18- All routes will be on a 1 day delay.
- Veterans Day-Offices Closed Monday 11/12/18- All routes will be on a 1 day delay.
- Thanksgiving Day- Offices Closed Thursday 11/22/18- Thursday's & Friday's routes will be on a 1 day delay.
- Christmas Day - Offices Closed Monday 12/24/18 & Tuesday 12/25/18. Monday's route will be ran on Friday 12/21/18 and Tuesday's route will be ran on Wednesday 12/26/18.
- New Year's Day - Offices Closed Tuesday 1/1/19 - Tuesday's route will be ran on Wednesday 1/2/19.