Elmer Kelley Stadium

elmer kelley stadium billboard

The beautiful and historic Elmer Kelley Stadium at the Madisonville City Park, was built in 1941.  It was originally known as Municipal Stadium; however, it was renamed in the 1970's in honor of long-time Madisonville radio and sports personality Elmer Kelley.

The first team to call the stadium home, were the Madisonville Miners in 1946.  The Miners were a member of the KITTY league.  This was a Class D professional baseball league that gave young and veteran players a chance to play the game they loved.  The Madisonville Miners were the Class D affiliate of the Chicago White Sox, winning two KITTY league championships in 1949 and 1952.

Although professional baseball ended in Madisonville in 1955, Elmer Kelley Stadium is still hosting America's past time!  

Elmer Kelley Stadium is the home of the Madisonville North Hopkins High School Maroons and the Madisonville Miners of the Ohio Valley Summer Collegiate Baseball League.  See below for schedules and come out to watch some exciting baseball.  

The city is extremely proud of this landmark of Madisonville history.

For schedules visit their website:
dept image11431642098 ndept image21431642098 n

Photo courtesy of the Madisonville Miners Baseball Club

Coming from:

 Print  Email

Park News