Code Enforcement Office
The Code Enforcement Office works to promote and maintain a safe and desirable living and working environment.
The City Council has adopted city ordinances specifically designed to address blight, nuisances, and to maintain a clean environment for all citizens in our community. The City does this by working in partnership with the people of Madisonville.
The Code Enforcement Officer responds to complaints and issues and writes certified letters to owners or persons having control of any property where a nuisance has developed, inspects the violation, and after giving proper notice takes the criminal or civil action that is appropriate to abate the nuisance or ordinance violation.
Code Enforcement may receive requests for the following types of issues:
- Dwellings unfit for human habitation
- Dangerous buildings adjoining streets
- Dangerous trees or stacks adjoining street
- Dilapidated buildings
- Accumulation of rubbish
- Noxious odors or smoke
- Storage of explosive or combustible material
- Open wells
- Trees and shrubbery obstructing streets and sidewalks
- Keeping of animals
- Junk, scrap metal, motor vehicles
Tracy Logan, Code Enforcement Officer
67 N. Main Street
Madisonville, KY 42431