Facebook Link Twitter Link YouTube Link

Alcoholic Beverage Control Office

The ABC office is responsible for monitoring the sale of alcoholic beverages in the City of Madisonville. If you need to apply for a liquor license, please contact the ABC Administrator at City Hall.  You are required to complete applications for the local and state licenses.  Please visit the state website at www.abc.ky.gov to download the required application.  To obtain the required application for the City of Madisonville, please click here.

Ron Hunt, ABC Administrator 
67 N. Main Street
Madisonville, KY  42431
Email:  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Fax:  (270) 824-2135

Office Hours:  Tuesday-Thursday 9:00am to 3:00pm

Licensing FAQ's

Q:  Can I use the seller's license until I get my own?
A:  No.  KRS 243.530 prohibits the transfer of license from one seller to another. 

Q:  Does my application have to be complete before it's turned in?  
A:  Yes.  KRS 243.370 and KRS 243.390

Q:  How long does it take to get a license?
A:  Approximately 30-50 days if everything runs smoothly.  KRS 243.360

Q:  How much does a license cost?
A:  Cost varies depending on the type of license.

Q:  What type of license do I need?
A:  This depends of the type of business that you intend to operate.   KRS 243.030 and KRS 243.040.

Q:  Do I need to furnish my own background check?
A:  Effective January 19, 2010, all applicants are required to obtain and submit their own Kentucky police record/criminal background records check from the Kentucky Administrative Office of the Courts.  Kentucky ABC will no longer accept payment for requesting criminal background checks on behalf of the applicant.  Out-of-state applicants must submit their background check from the appropriate agency.

Q:  Do I need to furnish my lease?
A:  Yes, unless the exact entity to hold the ABC license is the owner of the real estate where the business is located.

Q:  What are the requirements for obtaining a license?
A:  *You must be at least 21 years of age to apply.
*You must be a Kentucky resident for the past year, unless you apply as a corporation, LLC or Ltd. Partnership
*You must be a citizen of the United States unless you apply as a corporation, LLC, or Ltd. Partnership
*Individuals, partners, officers, directors or managers may not apply if, within the past five years, they have been convicted of any felony or within the past two years have been convicted of any alcohol or controlled substance misdemeanor.  KRS 243.100.

 Print  Email

Madisonville Transit (Bus)   GO Madisonville   Pay Utilities or Property Taxes   iRecycle Information   CodeRED Information   Contact Form
Madisonville Transit (Bus)   Go Madisonville   Pay Utilities or Property Taxes   iRecycle Information   CodeRED Information   Contact Form